LOST IN THE GRID, ft. Tessa
Jun 8 2017, 07:42 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl
Alice [she/they] • 26 posts

D
ays off from work and parenting were a weekend in the working week of life. But, with the girls at school, Toulouse at nursery, and her day off casting its shadow, Thora was enjoying spending time with her friend. Tessa, the sister of Thora's boss, had been birthed into Chicago even more recently than Thora herself. She could remember how it'd felt, arriving in the city.

(It'd felt like: a rattling brain; an empty room; hairs, standing up on the back of her neck. But she and her children had also been birds, finally released from their cages. Free.)

The point was this: Thora wanted to help make Tessa feel welcome and safe in Chicago.

She'd linked her arm through her new friend's not long after they'd found each other at their meeting spot. Some might have found this a bit odd, but everyone was Thora's friend until they gave her a reason to think otherwise. Call it Southern Hospitality. Call it A Lack of Understanding of Personal Space. Call it Annoying. Thora didn't think that Miss Summers had a nasty bone in her body, anyway, so they'd be firm friends. Noel was her brother, after all, and he was a ray of sunshine.

After a considerable amount of wandering, they came across a lily-pad infested pond, which was home to a couple of stout little ducks. Oh, Thora loved ducks. "You want to go and buy some grapes or something? We could feed them," said Thora, "me and my little ones used to feed the ducks bread all the time. But then I found out that bread isn't good for them. So we feed them grapes instead, now." Her words reverberated around her head and pinched a flush into her cheeks. She was rambling, like she always did when she was nervous. How embarrassing.

The thing was, Tessa was a quiet one. Thora could respect that: a lot of the people she loved the most were more selective with their words. She just felt kind of dumb when she prattled on, which she had a tendency to do when her companions gave her words more space to run.

@tessa e. summers
Jun 15 2017, 12:02 AM
she/her
twenty three

Kinetic absorption
dancer
tessa e. summers
ashy [she/her] • 30 posts

I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the end
Tessa knew that she needed friends that weren’t related to her, that was important when she had found her way to Chicago. Sure her family was important, and she certainly knew that her time was going to be needed to be spent with them, it was just – she needed more than just them. Tessa had survived for a while without her siblings while she had been living in Virginia. She had all her old friends still there as Tessa had moved – something that she was a bit disheartened about, because it was difficult to establish herself with a new group of people. Tessa so far hadn’t done anything incredibly silly that had made them hate her, which was good, her roommates were all so very nice and full of energy, mirroring a lot of what she had experienced before. They had often found themselves inviting her to go with them to go drinking or to go and see shows in the city, so it wasn’t like she was entirely hopeless.

Someone out of her inner circle of dancers was Thora. She knew her older brother which felt certainly safe and something that she could accept when it came to a stranger. Because it was someone that had Tessa’s siblings trust so it was good enough for her. Despite her massive amount of energy that constantly stored itself inside her, she was quiet, listening to Thora as she spoke, her face bright and smiling as she listened. ”I used to feed them bread all the time too, I kind of felt really guilty to all the ducks I could have hurt. Do they like grapes?” she hadn’t ever fed a duck some grapes, but it sounded like a lot better choice than feeding them bread that could kill them.

MTfvW.png finally did it!.
Jun 15 2017, 12:13 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl
Alice [she/they] • 26 posts

T
essa was good at easing Thora's uncertainties. Without even saying much, her gentle nature was like a reassuring pat on the back. Whatever nerves Thora felt about speaking too much went away the moment her friend replied. There was something about her that Thora wanted to wrap in a blanket and guard from the world. She wasn't so sure that Tessa would appreciate that, though.

Even though she couldn't protect Tessa, she could protect the ducks. Thora's heart was soft and malleable to anything cute, and she hated the thought of giving the ducks stomach problems. "They always seem to eat them right up when we bring grapes," she confirmed, "I read online that they're a good alternative. Oats, as well."

Thora looked around until she spotted a shady little corner shop in the distance. Perhaps there'd be able to find some grapes there? She nudged Tessa's arm and began to guide her across the park, like she might have done with one of her children. "Are you working on any new shows at the moment?" Thora asked. She suspected that she wasn't using the correct lingo, but it was polite to ask anyway. Besides which, Thora couldn't help but be a little fascinated by the work that Tessa did. Hundreds of kids said they wanted to dance, but few stuck with it for the long haul. Tessa had some gumption.

@tessa e. summers

Today at 01:04 am
she/her
twenty three

Kinetic absorption
dancer
tessa e. summers
ashy [she/her] • 30 posts

I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the end
Tessa knew she was not the kind of person everyone looked forward to in their interactions. Half of the time people wanted someone who could meet them halfway in the world of energy – and while Tessa had energy in spades, she rarely used it in social interactions, her reserves were saved up for dancing, where it counted, where she needed to try and be better than the other girls – in a kindhearted competitive way and less in a cut-throat way. But there was thankfully people who didn’t mind so much. That there was always the one person who was willing to do it for her and take her under their wing theoretically.

”Well everyone should like grapes, so I’m glad that ducks like them.” it was good that it was something that they could eat without hurting them. ”But I’ll have to spread the word, I wouldn’t want the poor things to get hurt.” that would be something that she would absolutely hate. She had three bunnies herself, something that herself and her roommates found in agreement that they liked – and even shared, and ducks were no different.

She followed diligently – kind of mirroring what she had often been told like a puppy. ”We are, I’m actually going to be auditioning for a part in the fall performance of Cinderella. I’m being hopeful to get even a simple part.” she like every other girl in the company wanted the primary part of Cinderella, but that didn’t mean she was about to sound all that hopeful. It was a bit dated, but they were working on modernizing it, and Tessa was fine with being background dancer, it was something that she mostly preferred, but this was going to be her first performance since joining – so it couldn’t hurt to at least try.

MTfvW.png she is such a awkward bean

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

abandon all hopeWar Is BrewingAvalon a Panfandom RPSunset To Sunrise
Preeminence: The galaxy is yoursCode 8ideal worldANTIGRAVITYFerociousLife Taught Me To Die
Candyland Couture beauxbatons academy