credits

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
new poll

▲ EVERY TURN, tag: marvel with wally
Feb 12 2017, 08:35 AM
he / him

animal empathy
animal shelter owner
oswald o. pham
miles [they / them] • 65 posts

i long to be
When it came to taking care of the shelter Oswald liked to be as proactive as possible. He had people to deal with the books and the money aspect and he had others who dealt with hiring and other such stuff. He definitely wasn’t doing it alone any more, which he was so grateful for. It gave him plenty of more time to do the parts that he loved, helping people find a pet that best suited them.

After all, it wasn’t like any animal could just go home with any person. There were so many factors to consider and so many things to think about. Did they have other pets? Kids? Would they have to be away from home for long periods of time? Were they able to take on an animal who needed work? He needed to help people find the best pet for them.

Wally had been a struggle. There just didn’t seem to be a kitty perfect for the guy. Not that Oz was complaining, because he enjoyed the guy’s frequent visits. Was he starting to suspect that it wasn’t actually to get a cat? Yes. Did he care? Not at all. Wally was adorable and when one of the receptionists had said that he was here Oz had insisted on taking him around personally.

“You’re in luck, because we have a lot of real cuties available,” he began to lead Wally towards the cat kennels that most people didn’t get to see, the ones that weren’t quite ready for adopting just yet but would be soon. “And I don’t just mean me,” he added with a crooked grin.

Feb 12 2017, 06:00 PM
he/him
twenty four

empathetic healing
pediatric nurse
walter h. knox
marvel [she/her] • 35 posts

He'd come in the first time to look at cats. Honestly, he had. It was kind of lonely, and too quiet, to come home to an empty apartment but he didn't have the time for a dog. Not yet, not on his own, and not with his hours. Maybe later and maybe when he wasn't living alone, but for now, he figured a cat would do. He'd considered something small and scaly that wouldn't mind if he didn't have time to take it out and walk it, but he wanted something soft and warm that would still give him the chance to cuddle with while binge-watching an entire season of MasterChef in one night when he had the time. So a cat had seemed like the perfect choice. They were soft and cute but they didn't seem to care if you went out for a few hours. They didn't need hour-long walks; they still needed to be kept busy, and he'd been eyeing cat toys and supplies every time he passed what was sold in the pet aisle of his choice of one-stop-grocery-shops just to try and figure out what would work best. A cat just seemed like the best fit.

So he'd done some digging online, trying to pinpoint the best place to get one. In a city as big as Chicago, he knew there'd be more than just one shelter, one rescue. Back home, there'd really just been the local SPCA and that was all. He'd settled on Pawswald's in the end. From what his minimal internet sleuthing skills could tell him, it had a solid philosophy and programs he could get behind, and plenty of cats who were probably eager to have an entire apartment to claim as their own. It was, as far as he could tell, perfect. It had been and, of course, it had plenty of cats to choose from. But he hadn't been able to make a choice that day, so he had said he would come back again later. And he had...several times. He still hadn't found the perfect pet-he was starting to get rather worried that he just wouldn't and it was a hopeless endeavor.-but he had to admit that it wasn't just the cats that had him coming back often enough that he was pretty sure he had the route to get there memorized.

It just so happened to have an owner who's general presence made him very, very flustered. And very nervous. And who was, for many reasons, distracting enough that Wally probably couldn't focus on the cats anyway and instead pretended to look at them while sending semi-frantic texts to Fox about how he had no idea what to with himself and also, how did you ask someone if they wanted to get coffee without sounding like your brain had evacuated your skull? Because he was pretty sure if he said more than a few short sentences at a time, he was going to sound like his mind had gone all mushy.

"I bet." Wally replied, fiddling with the cap of his water bottle. It was just a visit to an animal shelter, kind of a silly thing for him to be so nervous over, but he couldn't help but wonder if Oz knew that he hadn't exactly been looking at cats this entire time. Oh my god. He thought, unscrewing the cap and taking a sip. What if he thinks I'm creepy? I'm not creepy. Oh, how am I going to explain myself? I'll never be able to show my face in this building again. They walked back together, Wally looking around as they passed by places he'd already looked at so many times, and Oz leading him somewhere different. Maybe he just had more cats to show him...or maybe he was getting ready to call Wally out for being damn near stalker-esque in his behavior. He seemed calm enough, so it was probably the former. "What?" He asked, swallowing the too-large mouthful of water he'd had in his mouth, temporarily stunned. That definitely hadn't been what he had expected to hear, coming in that morning. "Oh." Wally said softly, sure that if he could see his reflection in that moment, he'd be turning a rather obvious shade of pink. "I've been about as subtle as a brick to a stained glass window, haven't I?"

I like the feeling, how you make me shy
Feb 14 2017, 04:20 AM
he / him

animal empathy
animal shelter owner
oswald o. pham

i long to be
When it came to giving the pets homes Oz liked to be cautious. He liked to make sure that things were perfect. It was always difficult having an animal get brought back over really silly reasons. Reasons as simple as the new puppy peed on the floor one time or the new kitty wasn’t as affectionate as they hoped for. People would bring pets in around Christmas so they could afford better presents. Around Easter there were always tons of bunnies from people who got them for their kids. It was one thing if the person’s existing pets didn’t get along with the new one. It was another to realize that there were allergies or that they couldn’t afford the best possible home. But bringing a pet back after a few days because it scratched the couch with its claws because it was an animal and that’s what animals had? That was stupid.

He was very passionate about what he did. He was very passionate about giving the animals the best possible chance at life. As a man who was very in tune to the animals needs, he was far more proactive than a lot of shelter owners in this sense. Allowing people to spend time with the animals for a bit before making decisions helped a lot. Made it easier to get how they got along together to see if it would work out. So far as far as Wally went the vibe was never really perfect. Sometimes it was because the cat was tentative and not yet trusting of people. Other times it was because the cat had medical needs that required a lot of attention a nurse might not have the time to give. Wally deserved a little furry companion.

And maybe Oz had a bit to do with why it had taken so long. Maybe he enjoyed the man’s constant visits. Maybe he liked the awkward way Wally tried to be smooth and suave but failed miserably at it. Maybe he didn’t want to settle on a cat because he wanted to see more of the guy. Maybe.

As he led the two of them to the back of the shelter he paused only to unlock doors and check in on a few of the kennels that they happened to pass. See if anyone needed any kind of immediate attention. (They didn’t.) Oz couldn’t help but laugh at Wally’s reaction, glancing back while unlocking another door just to see how red he was. “Something like that,” he laughed, making sure the door was shut behind the two of them once they were safely inside. There were walls lined with kennels, a large portion of them kittens. A lot of them had cones from recent surgeries, some were in quarantine, some were in nasty shape. “It’s cute though. Endearing.”

Feb 15 2017, 11:51 PM
he/him
twenty four

empathetic healing
pediatric nurse
walter h. knox

Wally was well into the room before he heard the door close behind them, peering into a kennel containing a kitten that looked like it was more cone than cat. It wasn't the only one in the room like that, but it still had the energy to wobble up and do it's best to yell at him. He was reminded of work in that moment, surrounded by small, sick things. But they were fine, he was sure. They were under the care of capable hands and far better off here than wherever they had been before. He looked up from the current distraction, who turned away and went back to where it had been resting the moment it had realized he wasn't going to be any fun anymore, at the click of the door coming to a close. So this was meant to be a private conversation, then.

That thought spawned a series of others, his imagination taking over and pulling threads in a dozen different directions. So Oz had noticed. He'd come for the cats and stayed for something else, and he'd been caught. He'd thought he was being subtle, and it was a bit embarrassing to find out he had been anything but. He was probably straight anyway, so even if he didn't mind that Wally had been hanging around just for him, he'd probably just brought them here to let him down as kindly and softly as possible. Or maybe he was actually annoyed, which was terrifying because, really, he hadn't meant any harm. He was just rather inexperienced at expressing himself. He hadn't really been the one to ask anyone to do anything....he hadn't even tried in high school, nowhere near confident in himself to even try that and more than a little unsure about how his peers would react and then in college...well....everyone else had always done more of the asking, or he'd just quietly pined all on his own. He didn't know what he was doing, and he was pretty sure half the kids he saw at work had more game than he did.

Or this was all going to go the way he wanted it to. He was crossing his fingers that he wasn't going to leave this room like a dog with it's tail tucked between it's legs. The laughter had him momentarily caught off guard, holding on tight to his bottle of water and trying rather hard, in that split second, to figure out just what that laugh even meant. "Oh. You're not mad. I thought you were bringing me back here to kick me out for being creepy. Oh my god." He laughed softly, turning to lean against the nearest empty spot on the wall, a hand on his chest. He felt like he could actually breathe. "I feel like an idi-wait." Had he said cute? He'd definitely said cute. Unless he'd lost his mind somewhere between walking through the front door and coming back here, he wasn't hearing things. "Cute? I.....me? Or the almost-stalking?"

Feb 23 2017, 10:07 AM
he / him

animal empathy
animal shelter owner
oswald o. pham

i long to be
Where Oz had always felt like people were a huge letdown, animals had been his saviors. Even in his darkest days there were always stray cats to share his sandwiches with. He could relate to the strays and the feral colonies. Cast off and left to fend for themselves. It had been hard, but having animals around had always helped. Before being kicked out of his home Oz would see homeless people with their dogs and he would think so lowly of them, but then he had become one of those people. Feeling so bonded with this creature who depended on you and needed you. The dog he’d had when he was homeless had saved his life until Lucky had rolled around. (But she was a whole other story.)

As soon as Oz had worked at getting clean for good he had known that animals was something he wanted. He wanted a million pets but even more than that, he had wanted to thank them for taking care of him. He loved his job. He loved his shelter. He loved that it meant that he got to help both animals and people. He could give kids like him a place to feel like someone was on their side. He could give people who had been thrown out a chance at a job, which that alone could mean the world of difference. Plus, he got to meet such interesting people. Between the donators, the staff, the volunteers, the fosters, and the people who came in looking for a new family members he got to meet a lot of people he probably wouldn’t have crossed paths with. People like Wally.

Actually, there was a high chance he’d have crossed paths with Wally through Lucky’s complex health problems anyways, but that wasn’t the point.

“Why would I be mad?” he was genuinely surprised, but then he remembered how straight guys could get very threatened by being flirted with by a guy. (Just accept that someone other than a super hot chick thinks you’re slammin’.) He leaned against a counter that was covered in blankets and toys and other similar items a kitty might need to feel comfortable. “Mm, a little of both,” he rested his hands on the edge of the counter. “But mostly just you as a whole, which kind of includes the stalking. But one of these days you’re going to have to actually get a cat.” Otherwise people were going to start to wonder.

Mar 1 2017, 02:46 AM
he/him
twenty four

empathetic healing
pediatric nurse
walter h. knox

When he had been younger, he had wished often than he could be like his brother. When he had been very small, it had been more focused on just wanting to be as healthy and athletic as Byron was, because while sitting inside and doing everything he had done instead had been fun and all, he’d been aware enough and old enough to be able to realize just what he was missing. Not necessarily the ability to do sports or anything-he’d never had much interest in them and still didn’t-but the fact that his older brother could do something that put him in the presence of people his age with similar interests. Byron could go outside and play in the rain with his friends and not worry about catching a cold the next morning. Byron had perfect coordination. Byron was popular, and Wally had realized pretty early on that while he could meet plenty of other kids who weren’t exactly hardy and healthy in waiting rooms, not all of them preferred nature documentaries over cartoons. But as he had grown older, come into his own and learned more about himself over the course of high school and later on in college, he had been rather jealous of the fact that Byron not only knew how to make friends, but was able to flaunt every single part of himself without any fear or repercussions. He knew how to talk to the people he liked and how to deal with having feelings for someone in the first place.

But Ohio, even suburban Ohio which was marginally better than it’s rural parts, still wasn’t the best place to be anything but straight. So he’d never had the chance to learn how to talk to guys in high school, and he’d still been too nervous in college, and now he was a grown adult and he still didn’t know how to talk to people. Especially when those people happened to be really attractive animal shelter owners who made his heart do very funny things. Things that, if he didn’t know it was an emotional response, would have him calling a doctor because hello, hearts weren’t supposed to do that.

And it wasn’t that he wanted to be straight or anything. No.It wouldn’t stop his folks from asking if he was ever going to bring some nice girl home to visit, anyway, if he was. (He could put that to a stop, sure, but but he wasn’t sure if they would start asking if he was going to bring a nice boy home instead of if they’d just stop talking at all, and he wasn’t sure he was ready to find out until he knew he had the support elsewhere.) He just wished he had the confidence and the experience. That would be a nice thing to have, but he was easily flustered instead, and that wasn’t always the easiest thing to be. Mostly because it involved moments where he stared at whoever he was talking to while he mentally tried to catch up to whatever had thrown him off track. ”Well...most people generally aren’t too pleased when people show up, look at them for a while and then leave without saying anything repeatedly, and I admittedly don’t know you well enough to know how you feel about anything, so mad seemed like a reasonable guess.” He was pleasantly surprised and relieved that Oz wasn’t mad, though this did mean that Wally wasn’t being made to leave and that Oz thought he was cute (which...wow. That felt nice.). That was exciting, but also nerve-wracking because he had no experience and was going in blind. ”I...yeah. I know. I’m working on the cat thing, but,” The cats weren’t the only thing he wanted to take home. ”You.” He waved his hands in Oz’s general direction. ”Make it kind of hard for me to concentrate."

Mar 22 2017, 05:00 AM
he / him

animal empathy
animal shelter owner
oswald o. pham

i long to be
Oz had not been made for Texas. Gay and half Asian in the middle of overly Catholic Texas? He was as diverse as they had come in those parts, which was really sad. He had struggled. He had constantly felt like he didn’t have a place anywhere. He was just a burden and an outcast wherever he went. He had hated it. And hated himself because of it. Years of being told that he wasn’t good enough had done wonders to his self esteem. After a while it became difficult not to believe them when they were so loud about it. For every one moment of praise there were ten people telling him he would never make it. He had hated himself so strongly and so deeply.

No wonder he had buried himself in drugs and other people’s problems. He had wanted to feel numb. It hadn’t helped. It had only made things worse. Oz regretted how long it had taken for him to realize that, but he tried not to dwell. He tried instead to focus on what he had now and how hard he had worked. Picking himself from the ground up and rebuilding himself into someone he could be proud of. Someone who could go back to Texas and prove everyone wrong. Oz survived off of spite. One day, when he was definitely far more stable and far less of a relapse risk, he was going to let his parents know what kind of a person they threw out.

He had a lot to be proud of. A cute boy stalking him to boot. What wasn’t to love about that? Wally seemed sweet. Weird, but sweet. Very much unlike the rest of the guys he had ever dated, which in this case was definitely much needed. He needed sweet and harmless with a touch of weird. Oz couldn’t help but laugh, rubbing the back of his head. “I think it’s charming,” he admitted. “I mean, yeah a little weird but weird’s good.” Oz could definitely get being a little tentative though. They barely knew each other and for all Wally knew Oz could be one of those straight guys who beat up the gay kids. “What could possibly be distracting about me?” He rested his hands on his hips and leaned his weight on one foot. It was a move he saw his daughter do one too many times. “I’m just a guy with some cats. And some dogs. Sometimes rabbits and birds and lizards.” He put his arms out as his sides and shrugged, acting all innocent while smirking in the most shit-eating way.

no notes // @walter h. knox
Mar 24 2017, 03:08 AM
he/him
twenty four

empathetic healing
pediatric nurse
walter h. knox

This was definitely not how Wally had expected another trip to the animal shelter to go. He'd thought it was just going to be another "I'm looking at you but let's pretend i'm looking at cats" kind of trip, like the rest of them had been, but apparently the universe had gotten tired of watching him putter around like a love-struck puppy with no idea what to do with himself and had decided the best way to fix it was to shove him into the deep end and get him to face the music. And it didn't help that Oz was so pretty-though really, he didn't actually mind that at all- and several things that Wally hadn't even known he found attractive until he'd walked into Pawswald's the first time, that it was actually a bit intimidating to talk to him.

He didn't want to say anything stupid or make a fool of himself. He really just wanted Oz to like him.

Which, in reality, he already seemed to if the laughter and the kind words-cute, endearing, and now charming-were anything to go by, but he wanted this a lot. So much so that he could feel his hands going a bit clammy. As if he wasn't already displaying enough signs of someone who didn't know how to handle talking to his crush in the first place. And maybe just a tiny part of him was concerned about making this sort of leap. He'd known he was gay for a while now. He was okay with it, and any residual unease with it was more or less a product of subtle hints during his childhood that maybe it wasn't considered okay to others, and those hints were hard to shake. But he was an adult now and his life was his own...and he really just needed to calm down a bit, because he was thinking himself in circles and his internal monologue was going to make him self-combust if he didn't stop and breathe before they could even get anywhere with this.

"What could possibly be distracting about-what?" Wally just looked at him, shocked. What sort of a question was that? Did he not realize what he looked like? Did he not recognize that his ridiculous, shit-eating grin was one of the best things Wally had seen in who even knew how long? "Have you looked in a mirror lately? You-" He could just tell that Oz already had an idea where this was going and that he was playing dumb but apparently Wally's brain-to-mouth filter had decided to take a fifteen minute recess, because that had spilled out before he had been able to stop it. Realizing what he had actually said-and that it hadn't stayed inside his head where it was supposed to be-made him go quiet, alarms going off in his head. "Oh dear." He said quietly, his face on fire. Well, he'd already dug that hole; he may as well hop on into it now."You have cats and dogs and apparently other things which proves how little attention I've been paying to this place because you have a nice face and I like it."

Now if he could just phase through the floor and into the core of the earth....that would be grand.

Mar 26 2017, 12:25 PM
he / him

animal empathy
animal shelter owner
oswald o. pham

i long to be
Oz had worked hard to put himself in a place where he was happy with himself. It had taken a lot and it was still a long process, but he was doing well for himself. With Noel’s help Oz had started to work on making his exterior look as good as he felt on the inside. Plus, he wanted to be healthy. He wanted to make up for putting so much poison in his body for so long. He wanted to be around for his daughter and for dweebs like Wally. He wanted to see Noel grow old and hideous. And maybe, just maybe, reach out to the family who threw him out.

But for now he would focus on the task at hand. On his shelter and finding homes for the animals who had been tossed out just like he had been. They were innocent in all of this. They just wanted to be loved and have a place to call home. No different from himself and his daughter and the man who was stumbling over his words. Maybe this whole wanting a cat thing had been a rouse all along. Maybe it had been a carefully planned but badly executed plan to get in with the super hot owner. Either way, Oz didn’t mind. Either way he was doing his job. Setting people up with people who might be able to love and shelter one another.

Not that he was getting ahead of himself with Wally’s obvious crush or anything. He was just being hopeful. Optimistic for once in his life. What wasn’t to like? The guy was so flustered and it was so adorable. Far too flustered to get that Oz wasn’t being serious. Of course he knew he was a good looking guy. He had worked hard to look this good. He hadn’t put in all those hours at the gym to just be any other half Vietnamese guy. All Oz could do was smile and laugh softly, trying not to make Wally feel like he was being laughed at for any bad reason. It was just so sweet and so pure and so much. “If you think my face is great wait until you see the rest of me,” he promised. Oz fished into the pockets of his pants and pulled out a business card, searching around the room they were in for a pen and finding one attached to a clipboard. After scribbling down a phone number he offered it to Wally. “I also have my cell to offer, so you can text me by tonight and we can set up a date. Can we get to the cats or was that just some kind of newfangled pickup line that went over my head?”

Apr 4 2017, 12:31 AM
he/him
twenty four

empathetic healing
pediatric nurse
walter h. knox

Apparently any ability to speak to someone attractive had all gone to his brother, because Wally was a lost cause at keeping his mouth shut and being smooth. He couldn't have played it cool if he had tried, except he had been trying and it still hadn't worked. It was just so much easier talking to the kids he worked with than it was with adults half the time, because most of them wouldn't judge him if he said something ridiculous or if he stumbled over his words because the way someone had smirked at him had made his heart skip a beat. Of course, that would never happen with the kids but still...it was the fact that he had no fear of judgement or ridicule when he was talking to six year olds. Sometimes people could be rather terrible. It was why no one back home knew much more about his life than what he did for a living at that point and why his parents still asked if he had met any nice girls yet and while he was pretty sure at that point that Oz wasn't going to be the sort of person, there was always a nagging worry that maybe he was just a really good actor and Wally was falling for it. Rather hard, honestly. Hard and fast like a rock thrown from a cliff.

That laugh was...the smirk had already made him feel a little weak-kneed, but damn, did he like the sound of that. Oz could have been laughing at how ridiculous he was in that moment and Wally didn't think he'd care.

"I don't know if my mind can handle that in this moment." Wally said, breathless. Of course his mind had to shoot off in several different directions, most of them probably not appropriate for the current setting and he was sure that he was somehow going to either catch on fire or melt through the floor with how hot his face felt. He took the card that was handed to him and pulled his phone out of a pocket, quickly entering in the digits right then and there, because he was afraid that if he didn't do it, he'd manage to lose the card somewhere between the shelter and his apartment. "I'm not nearly smooth enough to come up with anything close to an elaborate pickup line, I swear. We can get to the cats now, definitely."

Apr 15 2017, 03:27 AM
he / him

animal empathy
animal shelter owner
oswald o. pham

i long to be
Being charming had been an important defense mechanism for Oz. He had been the weird kid. The one who stood out in nearly every way he possibly could. He’d had to be quick on his feet. Witty and charismatic to make up for how weird he was. It had worked and it had been something he was good at. Something he was still good at, clearly. He was a people person. He liked to talk to people and learn their stories. He liked to make people feel good because it was so hard to tell who was struggling inside. It wasn’t just a defense mechanism any more. It was something he enjoyed doing. Second nature. Plus, it was something that made people like Wally all flustered. It was adorable. Seeing Wally struggle to find words and the red in his cheeks. Wally really was adorable.

“I don’t think the security guys would enjoy it much either,” he pointed out. Obviously there were security cameras in the building. Not in all rooms, but in this one there was. He wasn’t quite sure if the security guards, who had access to the cameras. Usually if Oz was taking off his shirt it was because he had gotten blood on it. Or peed on. Or one of the animals had mange or fleas. Some kind of animal related reason, not because he wanted to make a cute boy faint.

Oz waited patiently while watching Wally put the number into his phone. Hopefully he actually got that text. He had specified a time limit for that exact reason, because he figured Wally would likely never send it in that case. “Phew, I was starting to worry that I’d lost my touch,” he laughed, shifting his weight a bit. “Alright, well it’s kitten season so you picked a good time to come back. We got lots of little guys who need really good homes.” There were plenty of larger spaces with two to three cats per cage, but Oz had led him to the kennels in the back where the cats who needed a little bit extra care still. “You just want one right? Not a pair? ‘Cause there’s a few who just really can’t be separated.” As was evident in a few of the kennels with two little furry babies in them.

Apr 21 2017, 01:58 AM
he/him
twenty four

empathetic healing
pediatric nurse
walter h. knox

"Oh no, I'd enjoy it." Wally shrugged, pocketing his phone for the time being. He'd have to send that text by tonight if he wanted this to go anywhere-and he wanted it to go somewhere quite badly, if he was being honest, which he was-but he didn't have to do it now, not when they were face to face. He needed time to come up with the best response possible, though he was pretty much certain that words were going to fail him and the first text was just going to be "hi" and probably some awkward combination of emojis. "I'd also probably die and it wouldn't be very fun. And you can't really take a corpse out on a date." He probably needed to shut up. He really needed to shut up. Why was he talking about corpses? That wasn't how you got people to like you, but he was nervous and fluctuating between not being able to say a damn thing and saying too much all at once. He took a second to look around and tried to find a camera, as all signs pointed to one being in this room, but it probably wasn't important; nothing was going to happen in this room, especially not something that would probably surprise and fluster him so much that he just keeled over.

Okay so he wouldn't literally die, but it would get pretty close. But they could always let that moment happen when there was probably something soft for him to land on. Like carpet...or a bed...or something. Or Oz could catch him but that would be cheesy and definitely wasn't something he was watching play out in his head. Not at all. Not even a little bit.

"You haven't. I'm just really, really awkward." Like a middle school kid trying to ask their crush to the school dance, someone who had no idea what they were doing. He didn't have a clue, and he was winging it, but it all seemed to be working anyway. His fumbling must has been some kind of endearing. "I mean...the plan was just to get one, but with my schedule, it'd probably be best to get two. They could keep each other company and I could spoil them rotten in apology for working late." And he'd hate to separate a bonded pair. A single cat would probably get along just fine, but he was being drawn to the idea of coming home to a pair of furry little faces instead of just one. "Either way, I come home to a slightly less empty apartment and get to show kids a bunch of cute kitten photos. Everyone wins."

May 5 2017, 08:54 AM
he / him

animal empathy
animal shelter owner
oswald o. pham

i long to be
There was something very charming about the awkwardness of the man in front of him. It was sweet and enduring and definitely helped Oz’s confidence to know he could have this effect on someone. After all, he had worked hard to get his body to look like this. He had spent so long pumping himself full of poison that he felt like he really needed to take good care of it. No more junk food and much more working out. Oz was still in the process of learning how to love himself, and having someone who got so tongue tied definitely did a lot of favors. “You can enjoy it in the privacy of one of our homes, maybe,” he half promised. Oz didn’t want to get too ahead of himself but he also definitely wasn’t against it happening. So long as Wally as into it too, which he seemed to be. “I mean, I probably could but it’d be highly illegal.” And also definitely not at all ideal.

“I think you meant adorable,” he corrected, only to realize he had to try and calm down the charm. This poor boy was going to end up losing blood from blushing for so long and so hard. “Getting two gives them the chance to learn from each other and become more socialized. Plus, indoor cats become easily bored so it’d give them enrichment and it can actually benefit their health overall,” he explained. “But it’s also entirely up to you and what you feel like you can manage,” he added. Oz definitely didn’t want Wally to feel pressured into taking two. He made his way towards one of the kennels with two small grey and white kittens in it. He opened it up to take one of them out. “These guys are getting over an upper respiratory infection but they’re super sweet,” he began to explain. He offered the smaller of the two kittens to Wally to hold and bond with.

May 8 2017, 03:19 AM
he/him
twenty four

empathetic healing
pediatric nurse
walter h. knox

Was he suggesting what Wally thought he was suggesting? He was. He definitely was. Had he been expecting that? Not really, and while it took him by surprise, Wally couldn't say that he would say no to that. It was still really soon-hell, he hadn't even sent that text yet, so they hadn't even gone out for coffee or whatever it was they were going to do-but he already really liked oz, and he was only human...he'd do it. he could make that leap already. he just had a good feeling about this. "Y-yeah. Sometime. I live alone so...no roommates to worry about bothering." He laughed nervously, his hand finding the back of his neck, and he had to look away because he didn't want to seem to eager to make that jump already..."Just my neighbors." But they didn't seem to be home half the time anyway and he was pretty sure the place below his was actually empty."Illegal and messy. Really, really messy. And smelly. Can't forget that. It wouldn't be fun." And he'd be dead, so he wouldn't be able to enjoy it at all, either.

He was going to combust before the day was over. They weren't even going to get to the kittens because Oswald Pham was a damn charmer and Wally was so weak that he wasn't going to make it out of here alive at this rate. Still, as flustered as he was getting, it was nice to be complimented. Even if he didn't exactly see his behavior as particularly endearing, he wasn't trying to impress himself. He was trying to impress Oz, and apparently Oz was into whatever Wally was. "Thank you. Really...thanks." What else was he supposed to day? "No thanks. I definitely meant awkward"? Thankfully, he didn't have to dwell on it much, because they were finally getting down to business and talking about cats. Which, really, was what he had come here for in the first place. He wasn't going to complain if he left empty handed again, because he wasn't really. He had a phone number and a stunningly attractive guy flirting with him until he practically melted and that was pretty amazing in his book. He was going to send that text as soon as he was far enough away for Oz to not see him type and delete and type over and over again until he found something that fit.

"Okay. That makes sense." Wally said quietly, studying the fuzzy hopefuls they walked past. They were all so cute and the more this went on, the harder it was to imagine breaking any of these pairs apart. It seemed almost cruel to do so if they'd bonded, and really, he had plenty of room to share. He accepted the small grey and white bundle that was handed off to him, holding it close to his chest. "Hey there." He cooed softly, gently running a fingertip under their chin. He could have cried when it caused tiny, high-pitched baby purrs. "You're so little. How are you even real?" He was in love. Completely smitten. He looked up at Oz and...yeah..there were some tears. "I need them."

May 18 2017, 12:35 AM
he / him

animal empathy
animal shelter owner
oswald o. pham

i long to be
Did it count as having roommates if he had an obscene amount of pets and a five year old? Oz loved having a full house. He loved having lots of animals running around and a little kid to chase after them. One day he’d love to have more kids. A little sibling for Lucky to boss around like she did with the dogs. (No one can boss a cat around but that didn’t stop her from trying.) “My roommate’s include three dogs, two cats, a lizard, and a five year old,” he laughed. “It’s a little crowded, if you ever decide to come over.” Oz didn’t want to assume that anything would happen. He wanted it to, but he wasn’t about to pressure Wally into anything. He wanted to be with Wally, not just physically but in every aspect. But he wasn’t an asshole either.

Seeing Wally with the kitten was just too much. As if the man couldn’t get any more adorable he had to go and get emotional about a pair of kittens. Wally was going to be the death of him. “Aw, she likes you already,” he cooed, gently taking her sister out to hold for himself. The friskier of the two, she immediately started trying to play with his clothes. Batting at his shirt and his beard. “And to think she used to be even littler,” he pointed out. “Roughly two days old they were brought to us,” he noted, using one of his fingers to play with the kitty. “They have their spay surgery either today or tomorrow, I can’t remember which, then they can be all yours.” There were too many kittens to keep track of who was where.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
new poll

abandon all hopeWar Is BrewingAvalon a Panfandom RPSunset To Sunrise
Preeminence: The galaxy is yoursCode 8ideal worldANTIGRAVITYFerociousLife Taught Me To Die
Candyland Couture beauxbatons academy