LOST IN THE GRID, ft. Tessa
Jun 8 2017, 07:42 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl
Alice [she/they] • 40 posts

D
ays off from work and parenting were a weekend in the working week of life. But, with the girls at school, Toulouse at nursery, and her day off casting its shadow, Thora was enjoying spending time with her friend. Tessa, the sister of Thora's boss, had been birthed into Chicago even more recently than Thora herself. She could remember how it'd felt, arriving in the city.

(It'd felt like: a rattling brain; an empty room; hairs, standing up on the back of her neck. But she and her children had also been birds, finally released from their cages. Free.)

The point was this: Thora wanted to help make Tessa feel welcome and safe in Chicago.

She'd linked her arm through her new friend's not long after they'd found each other at their meeting spot. Some might have found this a bit odd, but everyone was Thora's friend until they gave her a reason to think otherwise. Call it Southern Hospitality. Call it A Lack of Understanding of Personal Space. Call it Annoying. Thora didn't think that Miss Summers had a nasty bone in her body, anyway, so they'd be firm friends. Noel was her brother, after all, and he was a ray of sunshine.

After a considerable amount of wandering, they came across a lily-pad infested pond, which was home to a couple of stout little ducks. Oh, Thora loved ducks. "You want to go and buy some grapes or something? We could feed them," said Thora, "me and my little ones used to feed the ducks bread all the time. But then I found out that bread isn't good for them. So we feed them grapes instead, now." Her words reverberated around her head and pinched a flush into her cheeks. She was rambling, like she always did when she was nervous. How embarrassing.

The thing was, Tessa was a quiet one. Thora could respect that: a lot of the people she loved the most were more selective with their words. She just felt kind of dumb when she prattled on, which she had a tendency to do when her companions gave her words more space to run.

@tessa e. summers
Jun 15 2017, 12:02 AM

tessa e. summers
[] • 0 posts

.dratinibk {width: 500px; height: 415px; background-image:url(https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/MT71Y.png); position: relative; padding: 10px;}.dragonairbk {height: 30px; background-color: #000; padding: 5px;}.dragonairtxt {font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; line-height: 100%; color: #fff; text-align: justify; }.dragonairtxt b {font-size: 25px; margin: 2px; color: #4844fb;}.dragonitepostbk {width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url('https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/IgAdVj.png'); float: left; position: absolute; left: 10px;}.dragonitepost {width:220px; height: 310px; padding:20px; font-family:calibri; font-size:10px; color:#000; line-height:95%; text-align:justify; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; right: 10px; float: right; overflow: auto;}.dragonitepost b {font-size: 10px; color: #ef3580; font-style: bold; }.dragonitenotes1 {height: 10px; width: 150px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; position: absolute; text-align: justify; font-size: 9px;}.dragonitenotes2 {height: 10px; width: 320px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; font-size: 9px; position: absolute; float: right; right: 10px; text-align: justify;)I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the endTessa knew that she needed friends that weren’t related to her, that was important when she had found her way to Chicago. Sure her family was important, and she certainly knew that her time was going to be needed to be spent with them, it was just – she needed more than just them. Tessa had survived for a while without her siblings while she had been living in Virginia. She had all her old friends still there as Tessa had moved – something that she was a bit disheartened about, because it was difficult to establish herself with a new group of people. Tessa so far hadn’t done anything incredibly silly that had made them hate her, which was good, her roommates were all so very nice and full of energy, mirroring a lot of what she had experienced before. They had often found themselves inviting her to go with them to go drinking or to go and see shows in the city, so it wasn’t like she was entirely hopeless.Someone out of her inner circle of dancers was Thora. She knew her older brother which felt certainly safe and something that she could accept when it came to a stranger. Because it was someone that had Tessa’s siblings trust so it was good enough for her. Despite her massive amount of energy that constantly stored itself inside her, she was quiet, listening to Thora as she spoke, her face bright and smiling as she listened. ”I used to feed them bread all the time too, I kind of felt really guilty to all the ducks I could have hurt. Do they like grapes?” she hadn’t ever fed a duck some grapes, but it sounded like a lot better choice than feeding them bread that could kill them. @thora s. dahl finally did it!.
Jun 15 2017, 12:13 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl

T
essa was good at easing Thora's uncertainties. Without even saying much, her gentle nature was like a reassuring pat on the back. Whatever nerves Thora felt about speaking too much went away the moment her friend replied. There was something about her that Thora wanted to wrap in a blanket and guard from the world. She wasn't so sure that Tessa would appreciate that, though.

Even though she couldn't protect Tessa, she could protect the ducks. Thora's heart was soft and malleable to anything cute, and she hated the thought of giving the ducks stomach problems. "They always seem to eat them right up when we bring grapes," she confirmed, "I read online that they're a good alternative. Oats, as well."

Thora looked around until she spotted a shady little corner shop in the distance. Perhaps there'd be able to find some grapes there? She nudged Tessa's arm and began to guide her across the park, like she might have done with one of her children. "Are you working on any new shows at the moment?" Thora asked. She suspected that she wasn't using the correct lingo, but it was polite to ask anyway. Besides which, Thora couldn't help but be a little fascinated by the work that Tessa did. Hundreds of kids said they wanted to dance, but few stuck with it for the long haul. Tessa had some gumption.

@tessa e. summers

Jun 25 2017, 01:04 AM

tessa e. summers
[] • 0 posts

.dratinibk {width: 500px; height: 415px; background-image:url(https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/MT71Y.png); position: relative; padding: 10px;}.dragonairbk {height: 30px; background-color: #000; padding: 5px;}.dragonairtxt {font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; line-height: 100%; color: #fff; text-align: justify; }.dragonairtxt b {font-size: 25px; margin: 2px; color: #4844fb;}.dragonitepostbk {width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url('https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/IgAdVj.png'); float: left; position: absolute; left: 10px;}.dragonitepost {width:220px; height: 310px; padding:20px; font-family:calibri; font-size:10px; color:#000; line-height:95%; text-align:justify; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; right: 10px; float: right; overflow: auto;}.dragonitepost b {font-size: 10px; color: #ef3580; font-style: bold; }.dragonitenotes1 {height: 10px; width: 150px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; position: absolute; text-align: justify; font-size: 9px;}.dragonitenotes2 {height: 10px; width: 320px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; font-size: 9px; position: absolute; float: right; right: 10px; text-align: justify;)I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the endTessa knew she was not the kind of person everyone looked forward to in their interactions. Half of the time people wanted someone who could meet them halfway in the world of energy – and while Tessa had energy in spades, she rarely used it in social interactions, her reserves were saved up for dancing, where it counted, where she needed to try and be better than the other girls – in a kindhearted competitive way and less in a cut-throat way. But there was thankfully people who didn’t mind so much. That there was always the one person who was willing to do it for her and take her under their wing theoretically. ”Well everyone should like grapes, so I’m glad that ducks like them.” it was good that it was something that they could eat without hurting them. ”But I’ll have to spread the word, I wouldn’t want the poor things to get hurt.” that would be something that she would absolutely hate. She had three bunnies herself, something that herself and her roommates found in agreement that they liked – and even shared, and ducks were no different.She followed diligently – kind of mirroring what she had often been told like a puppy. ”We are, I’m actually going to be auditioning for a part in the fall performance of Cinderella. I’m being hopeful to get even a simple part.” she like every other girl in the company wanted the primary part of Cinderella, but that didn’t mean she was about to sound all that hopeful. It was a bit dated, but they were working on modernizing it, and Tessa was fine with being background dancer, it was something that she mostly preferred, but this was going to be her first performance since joining – so it couldn’t hurt to at least try. @thora s. dahl she is such a awkward bean

Jun 29 2017, 07:34 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl

T
here was a rush of maternal desire to comfort Tessa when the woman expressed her concern about the ducks. She was such a darling lady. "I'm sure a little bread won't hurt them, don't worry," Thora promised. People had been feeding ducks bread for years, after all, and they weren't any closer to going extinct. Not as far as Thora was aware, anyway. "Spreading the word would be good, though. The more people who know, the better."

She listened with interest as Tessa told her where work was taking her for the time being. What would her own life have been like, if she'd fought against her parent's wishes and followed freedom instead? Would she have ended up in an exciting, ambitious career too? Thora didn't care much that she'd never find out. No matter how shiny her alternate life might have looked, without all the struggling, she wouldn't be where she was today. Dora, Elodie and Toulouse might never have existed.

"Oh my lord," Thora gasped, "I adore Cinderella." As a child, the fairytales that her mother had read to her had been something to model her future on... once she got to the future, they became a coping mechanism. Cinderella patiently waited through years of abuse to be free. The Little Mermaid let herself be turned to sea foam so that her true love could be happy. Beauty and her Beast found solace from small minded people, together. "What part are you auditioning for? That's how it works, right?" Thora asked. "Oh my gosh, me and the kids are going to have to come and watch you. We'll just have to."

She gave her friend's arm an excited squeeze. She was already seeing her friend decked out in Cinderella's blue dress, gliding across the stage as the audience looked on, hardly daring to breathe. Tessa had to be realistic, but Thora didn't - she could daydream about the other woman's success all she wanted.

@tessa e. summers

Jul 3 2017, 03:03 PM

tessa e. summers
[] • 0 posts

.dratinibk {width: 500px; height: 415px; background-image:url(https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/MT71Y.png); position: relative; padding: 10px;}.dragonairbk {height: 30px; background-color: #000; padding: 5px;}.dragonairtxt {font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; line-height: 100%; color: #fff; text-align: justify; }.dragonairtxt b {font-size: 25px; margin: 2px; color: #4844fb;}.dragonitepostbk {width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url('https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/IgAdVj.png'); float: left; position: absolute; left: 10px;}.dragonitepost {width:220px; height: 310px; padding:20px; font-family:calibri; font-size:10px; color:#000; line-height:95%; text-align:justify; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; right: 10px; float: right; overflow: auto;}.dragonitepost b {font-size: 10px; color: #ef3580; font-style: bold; }.dragonitenotes1 {height: 10px; width: 150px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; position: absolute; text-align: justify; font-size: 9px;}.dragonitenotes2 {height: 10px; width: 320px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; font-size: 9px; position: absolute; float: right; right: 10px; text-align: justify;)I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the endTessa unfortunately had a big heart, something that at times played a plague on her when she got down to it. The first time that she hit a bird with her car she had to stop on the side of the road and make a burial for it – which while grotqeque had sort of helped. Which was how she ended up with three bunnies instead of just one – because what started as one rabbit, became two when someone said they couldn’t take care of them anymore. Tessa could have rehomed them but her own rabbit – and herself had become attached and it was a vicious cycle which she imagined if she found another rabbit it would just continue – even if thankfully she had bunny proofed the room where they spent time in and they were house trained. So she grateful that Thora didn’t think that any harm had happened to the poor ducks. ”Well, now I can just imagine spending the whole weekend printing signs and putting them all over.” because that seemed like the logical answer, though she could only imagine people trying to talk to her in the process. Tessa would risk it.She was lucky with her family, they all had the same ambitions they all had hobbies and at least somewhat of a drive to do something they enjoyed. Tessa had found that joy in dancing because it made her forget, she had to focus on what she was doing and not focus on what was going on around her. That process had helped when she had lost her mother, the forgetting herself – even if at times it had caused her harm both from her powers sucking energy from moving objects, to her collapsing when all that energy was gone. Tessa smiled. ”I do too. But I’ve always liked Princesses, but hers was always the most interesting.” coming from something broken to find something true and wonderful was a great story. ”I was thinking one of the sisters. All my roommates want me to go for Cinderella, but I’m anxious. “ because she always got anxious when it came to doing a lead, but that was sort of the point. But you didn’t get where she was at, or anywhere further in life as a dancer playing Evil Step-Sisters. @thora s. dahl I love them already.

Jul 6 2017, 08:52 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl

T
hora wasn't above spending her free time making signs to stick up around Chicago's ponds and lakes. For the last year, she'd been aiming to do one good deed a day. She wouldn't tell anyone why, because she was ashamed. She wanted to send some good back into the universe after so many years of turning a blind eye to ignorance. If she could save a couple of ducks, then maybe she could be forgiven for letting her ex-husband convince her to treat Dora as though she was a boy for so many years.

"Can we please do that?" Thora laughed. Ever the lady, she didn't want Tessa to feel as though she had to help her out, so Thora's voice was the perfect balance of jest and I'll-do-it-if-you-do-it.

Thora still had her arm linked around Tessa's, so she gave her a squeeze. The thought of finally getting to see her friend dancing was so exciting, it made her stomach twist and turn. "You're too pretty to be an ugly sister, honey," the older woman joked. Whenever she read Cinderella to her kids, she always made sure to differentiate between an ugly exterior, which didn't exist, and ugly insides, which could and did exist. "Do you think you're ready to try out for Cinderella?" Thora asked. "There's a difference between being anxious because you're not ready, and being anxious... because you're anxious." Thora's first thought had been to tell Tessa that she needed to breathe and follow her heart, but that would have sounded so patronising. She was glad that she'd thought about what she was saying before putting her foot in her mouth.

NOTES: they're so cute :'|
@tessa e. summers

Jul 9 2017, 03:12 AM

tessa e. summers
[] • 0 posts

.dratinibk {width: 500px; height: 415px; background-image:url(https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/MT71Y.png); position: relative; padding: 10px;}.dragonairbk {height: 30px; background-color: #000; padding: 5px;}.dragonairtxt {font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; line-height: 100%; color: #fff; text-align: justify; }.dragonairtxt b {font-size: 25px; margin: 2px; color: #4844fb;}.dragonitepostbk {width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url('https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/IgAdVj.png'); float: left; position: absolute; left: 10px;}.dragonitepost {width:220px; height: 310px; padding:20px; font-family:calibri; font-size:10px; color:#000; line-height:95%; text-align:justify; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; right: 10px; float: right; overflow: auto;}.dragonitepost b {font-size: 10px; color: #ef3580; font-style: bold; }.dragonitenotes1 {height: 10px; width: 150px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; position: absolute; text-align: justify; font-size: 9px;}.dragonitenotes2 {height: 10px; width: 320px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; font-size: 9px; position: absolute; float: right; right: 10px; text-align: justify;)I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the endTessa of course would do it, she had sometime between when she had to practice and when she would need to plan the rest of her time. Flyers for ducks seemed just the kind of thing that she would have done normally in a world where she needed to make sure that people knew – not to feed the poor ducks things that they couldn’t eat. Which really anyone in their right mind probably felt at least – that they didn’t want to hurt them. ”I would absolutely love to.’ if only to help the poor ducks. ”I know where the library is to print things, because hell if I have my own printer at home.” which her roommates did, it was just – she did not. But it felt like it was right for the ducks. She of course was serious, but certainly wasn’t required.. Tessa didn’t like to be the kind of arrogant person who believed that she was the best at everything – in fact she rather live on an edge of just good enough than she was the best. Even if everyone on the planet always told her she was good, Tessa never had an ego, and letting the compliments feed it would never get to her. ”Well, I’d just be wearing really ugly dresses and a wig. They don’t generally look very ugly, but their personalities.” things were meant to meet a standard of beauty when it came to the ballet, which was of course vain, but it was just part of the job. ”I am. I think. No – I’m sure. Just, I always get anxious taking a lead.” which was because she always had self doubt for herself. @thora s. dahl bbies.
Jul 13 2017, 08:00 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl

T
hora was always describing the good parts of her life as blessings, despite having fallen out of love with religion some time ago. Giving all the credit to some entity that she wasn't even sure existed any more was a bad habit that she needed to break, like cracking her knuckles. Tessa was one such thing that Thora would have described as a blessing. She was lucky to have a friend in her life who was happy to spend her time sticking up posters to save a duck or two from stomach problems.

"Forget a printer. We don't even have a computer at home," Thora replied. "I've been meaning to register at a library. You'll have to show me around at some point?"

Thora understood anxiety. Perhaps not as well as some people did, but better than she gave herself credit for. She knew what it felt like to smother parts of herself, out of fear and worry. This, after all, had been her life for twenty-eight years. The last thing Thora wanted was for Tessa to wake up when she was twenty-eight and regret never auditioning for a lead part. "Will you still get a part if you audition for Cinderella but don't get picked to play her?" asked Thora. If they'd been sat down, she would have suggested writing up a pros and cons list.

@tessa e. summers
Jul 24 2017, 11:20 PM

tessa e. summers
[] • 0 posts

.dratinibk {width: 500px; height: 415px; background-image:url(https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/MT71Y.png); position: relative; padding: 10px;}.dragonairbk {height: 30px; background-color: #000; padding: 5px;}.dragonairtxt {font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; line-height: 100%; color: #fff; text-align: justify; }.dragonairtxt b {font-size: 25px; margin: 2px; color: #4844fb;}.dragonitepostbk {width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url('https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/IgAdVj.png'); float: left; position: absolute; left: 10px;}.dragonitepost {width:220px; height: 310px; padding:20px; font-family:calibri; font-size:10px; color:#000; line-height:95%; text-align:justify; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; right: 10px; float: right; overflow: auto;}.dragonitepost b {font-size: 10px; color: #ef3580; font-style: bold; }.dragonitenotes1 {height: 10px; width: 150px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; position: absolute; text-align: justify; font-size: 9px;}.dragonitenotes2 {height: 10px; width: 320px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; font-size: 9px; position: absolute; float: right; right: 10px; text-align: justify;)I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the endTessa knew she was – well different. She didn’t often speak in groups, mostly focusing on listening, she found herself staring – even pulled towards moving objects because of her abilities as it super charged her body. She also had the habit of collapsing when her powers eventually gave out and she didn’t have enough energy to sustain herself. Which Tessa tried not to tell people about it, because it worried them, worried that one day she could be skipping down the road and collapse on the ground. It didn’t happen often, but she never knew when it would happen, because she never knew when the supply of energy was empty, and with how much she danced, it was difficult to store enough to remain in the green. ”Which the library is always a good place to get printing done, because you don’t have to pay for the ink.” which was always the most expensive part about printing things. It didn’t even need to be that high of quality so it worked just fine coming from the library. ”I admit I don’t have a whole lot of time to read so I haven’t had much time at the library. So it’ll be an experience for us both.” she was still new to Chicago herself. She had always struggled with being in the spotlight, dance had first been her escape of watching her mother die, before it lead to the release to help her suffering when she was gone. It just took time for her to find her way to the spotlight she needed to be in. ”Yeah, they’ll generally find you a different position, but that’s not to say it’ll be a great one, but it’ll be a part.” which was important. ”So I guess, there is no harm in trying out.” @thora s. dahl she is such a cutie.
Jul 27 2017, 08:07 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl

T
hora was a great lover of stories. As a child, her mother had filled her head with fairytales that'd tinted her view of the world to a lovely shade of pink. Nowadays she was more jaded, but still liked to believe that her happy ending was out there somewhere. And, while she was still working towards it, a cheesy paperback romance couldn't hurt. She needed to get to the library. "What's your favourite book?" Thora asked Tessa. She was still clinging to her arm, but now she was clinging onto her every word, too.

"There's absolutely no harm in trying out," Thora urged, "if you get the part, it's a huge achievement, and if you don't, there won't be as much pressure on you. It's a win-win situation, right?" She unwrapped her arm from Tessa's briefly so that she could give her hand a squeeze. "When are the auditions? We could go out after... get your mind off things."

Thora squinted up ahead. The corner shop was getting closer, and she could see a bright display of fruit outside it. They were still a bit too far away for her to see if they sold grapes, though. "How are you settling into work, anyway? Are the other dancers being nice to you?" asked Thora, as though she was asking one of her kids how school was. Tessa was such a sweetheart that she didn't think it was possible for anyone to be mean to her, but Thora wanted to make sure. Just in case.

@tessa e. summers

Aug 5 2017, 12:11 AM

tessa e. summers
[] • 0 posts

.dratinibk {width: 500px; height: 415px; background-image:url(https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/MT71Y.png); position: relative; padding: 10px;}.dragonairbk {height: 30px; background-color: #000; padding: 5px;}.dragonairtxt {font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; line-height: 100%; color: #fff; text-align: justify; }.dragonairtxt b {font-size: 25px; margin: 2px; color: #4844fb;}.dragonitepostbk {width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url('https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/IgAdVj.png'); float: left; position: absolute; left: 10px;}.dragonitepost {width:220px; height: 310px; padding:20px; font-family:calibri; font-size:10px; color:#000; line-height:95%; text-align:justify; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; right: 10px; float: right; overflow: auto;}.dragonitepost b {font-size: 10px; color: #ef3580; font-style: bold; }.dragonitenotes1 {height: 10px; width: 150px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; position: absolute; text-align: justify; font-size: 9px;}.dragonitenotes2 {height: 10px; width: 320px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; font-size: 9px; position: absolute; float: right; right: 10px; text-align: justify;)I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the endTessa had thrown herself into dancing when she had been young, it had been the way to cope when her mother died, it had been her way to stand apart from her family, in a way that let her find peace. Dancing of course was now part of her every day, she practiced every day, she ate healthy every day to maintain her body weight, was constantly finding time to fuel in one more practice, one more routine before the sun went down and the rehearsal studio was locked up for the night. Tessa and her roommates would spend the evenings talking about dancing or routines they had seen, or watching performances on the TV in their living room of Misty Copeland or watching the lines of Diana Vishneva in her old performances and marveling at what she was still able to do at her age. Sure her roommates were also her rivals, but they were still her friends at the end of the day. ”Um, Princess Diaries? I honestly can’t remember the last time I sat down and read something that wasn’t a theater playbill.” because it was just never in her schedule.”I mean there is always pressure, this is a career, which means getting parts, and ballerina’s may be pretty, but they would cut you for a staring part.” she couldn’t let her guard down, even with her friends, not with something like this coming up. ”About two Friday’s from now. Though I would appreciate the opportunity to get away after, and by get away I mean someone hold my phone so I don’t obsessively check it every fifteen seconds.” which she would.Tessa was used to adapting, she was from Australia, she had learned quickly at least a little how to at least find a friend or two. ”I’m doing well, I’m a background understudy this performance because I came in late in the season, so nothing super impressive quite yet, but I get along really well with my roommates. None have put glass in my pointe shoes so that’s always a good sign.” that was mostly a rumor she had yet to actually hear of it actually happening to anyone. @thora s. dahl sorry this took me a bit.

Aug 9 2017, 07:58 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl

T
hora couldn't imagine not having the time to read. She'd been raised on books and stories. But, now she thought about it, when had been the last time she'd read a 'grown up' book? Something that wasn't illustrated and written in at least size twelve print? Her sympathetic grimace turned into a sigh of understanding. "Your life sounds so busy," said Thora, "but so exciting, too."

She couldn't imagine being in such a cutthroat career herself. Thora wanted everyone to like her, and she didn't enjoy being challenged by other people. She was even a bit surprised that lovely, gentle Tessa could handle so much competition. She was so strong. "Oh, Tessa, are you like that too?" Thora grinned. It was one thing to imagine Tessa putting up with competition being ugly, and another thing entirely to imagine her being ugly right back. "I can see if I have the day off to come and hold your phone hostage," she suggested, "we could go to the movies or something."

As exciting as it was to be somewhere new, Thora wouldn't have been surprised if Tessa admitted that she was overwhelmed. She'd been so scared for the first couple of months of living in Chicago. But then, Thora had also spent most of her life in a drowsy little town, and she'd had a big, strong man to hide behind. One of the hardest things she'd had to learn was that she didn't need to depend on anyone else to protect her. She could do it herself.

"People do that?" Thora gasped. She cast Tessa's feet a wide-eyed gaze, hoping beyond hope that they remained intact. "I'm glad your brother isn't so... so sneaky. I think I'd have to quit. You're so much more resilient than me."

@tessa e. summers

Aug 22 2017, 01:07 AM

tessa e. summers
[] • 0 posts

.dratinibk {width: 500px; height: 415px; background-image:url(https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/MT71Y.png); position: relative; padding: 10px;}.dragonairbk {height: 30px; background-color: #000; padding: 5px;}.dragonairtxt {font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; line-height: 100%; color: #fff; text-align: justify; }.dragonairtxt b {font-size: 25px; margin: 2px; color: #4844fb;}.dragonitepostbk {width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url('https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/IgAdVj.png'); float: left; position: absolute; left: 10px;}.dragonitepost {width:220px; height: 310px; padding:20px; font-family:calibri; font-size:10px; color:#000; line-height:95%; text-align:justify; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; right: 10px; float: right; overflow: auto;}.dragonitepost b {font-size: 10px; color: #ef3580; font-style: bold; }.dragonitenotes1 {height: 10px; width: 150px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; position: absolute; text-align: justify; font-size: 9px;}.dragonitenotes2 {height: 10px; width: 320px; padding: 5px; background-color: #fff; position: absolute; bottom: 10px; font-size: 9px; position: absolute; float: right; right: 10px; text-align: justify;)I don't know where to go from here now Something still lingers though, it's weighing me down I know the sun will shine again Back and forth it seems we'll remain until the endTessa liked Thora, she was someone that was different to Tessa in a way that was – both style and the way they acted, but she felt very much like one of her older sisters in her mannerisms, how she looked out for her, and while Tessa had a surplus on older siblings, it didn’t mean she wanted to banish and throw out any who tried. She certainly didn’t have enough friends out there to go along with the idea that she could simply dislike someone because they were very much like a older sibling – that would ridiculous. ”It is, but I’ve been doing it since I was seven, so it’s kind of ingrained into me.” breakfast, morning stretching, running sometimes depending on weather, practice, then lunch be it she made it herself or ate a protein bar, then more practice, end of day stretching and then finally dinner. Sure there was some leeway with what she did in those hours, she could take breaks, could spend time with friends, but she had to ensure a certain number of hours a week were dedicated to dancing.Tessa honestly was too nice to imagine a world where she was unkind to anyone, sure maybe she had rolled her eyes and maybe had even gone as far as speak poorly of someone behind their back, but it was hardly ever to their faces – which was hardly an excuse, but one she’d allow. ”Hardly, I’m more likely to pass along a good enough gig to someone else, than take it myself.” which was bad, but she sometimes had too much of a tender heart. She was getting better at least, she had gotten there, when Tessa could have passed it off to someone else, but it had been something she had wanted. ”Movies are always great distractions, I’ll keep you posted.” because she had to get that far first.”I mean, I haven’t known anyone to do it, but it’s like an old prima ballerina stories that they tell from time to time.” thankfully no one had ever been injured like that around her. ”You should see how many times I cry before performances I am hardly resilient.” she just had the right powers to keep on pushing through. @thora s. dahl thora is so sweet. -hearteyes-

Aug 23 2017, 06:32 PM
she/her

dream manipulation
trainee hairdresser
thora s. dahl

T
hora smiled and bit back a salty remark about what she'd been doing since she was seven. There was no denying that she was bitter about her childhood, and all the limitations that her parents had set for her. She was busy quitting the things that she'd been doing since she was a kid. Thora hoped that by breaking habits of a lifetime, she'd find a way to stop being so angry about the past.

At least she was good at smiling. No one else had to get involved with her fury. No one even had to know that it existed.

"I joined a gym recently," she told her friend. Going to the gym a couple of times a week wasn't half as intense as Tessa's routine, but Thora still felt proud of herself. "It feels good to sweat the stress out of my system, you know?"

If Tessa had a single flaw (and Thora doubted that she did), it'd be that she was too nice for her own good. "Have you done that before!?" Thora cried, dismayed. She'd changed her mind: Tessa was definitely too nice. She wished she had the time (and maybe the ability) to follow her friend everywhere and protect her from harm.

"Crying doesn't mean you're not resilient," said Thora. She used to cry a lot (and she still did at least once a month), but her sadness had only made her stronger. "You've stuck it out in a tough environment so that you can carry on chasing your dreams. I love it. I wish I had half of your direction." As things were, Thora still didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. She could feel potential inside of herself, but unless she found a way to exercise it, then what was the point in it?

@tessa e. summers

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

Avalon a Panfandom RPCode 8ideal worldFerocious
Life Taught Me To DieNo Noise, No Noise
Candyland CoutureShadowplay