May 26 2017, 08:37 PM
she/her
twenty-three

light manipulation
Radio DJ
lauren s. ng
Alice [she/they] • 326 posts

T
he thrum of music. The perspiration in the air. The sticky crackle of the floor begging Lauren's shoes to stay for a moment longer. She could taste the promise in the air: tonight was going to be a good night.

It'd been a while since Lauren had last gone clubbing, and while Lauren was every bit as youthful as everyone else in Transit that night, she felt out of place. Having a baby aged a person, even if it wasn't physically. Mentally, Lauren felt more mature. She had ever intention of letting her hair down for the night, but it was taking her a while to loosen up.

Lauren'd asked Charles out under the belief that he might understand her uncertainty. He was a new parent, too - newer than her, even. They both deserved to get out and be completely selfish for a handful of hours. They could worry about their families at home time.

In a black, slippery-looking playsuit that made her legs look as though they went on for miles, Lauren looked the part. She felt the part, too, at least eighty percent of the time. There was still that twenty percent of doubt though. Did she look tired? Could people tell that she'd had a baby two years ago? Was her make-up smudging? Instead of letting herself grow too internalised, Lauren draped her arms over Charles' shoulders. She let his solidity remind her that her life was happening right now, not tomorrow morning, when she was battling a hangover.

While Lauren was starting to smell a little... warm, her friend smelled of roughly twenty cans of deodorant. It wasn't an unpleasant smell by any means, but it was amusing. Plus, now Lauren had a couple of drinks in her system, she didn't mind sharing her thoughts with him. "You smell like a fourteen year old boy," she yelled over the thud of the music, "or a teenage boy who just turned legal!"

@charles j. elliott
Jun 1 2017, 01:40 AM
he/him/his
TWENTY-FOUR

PHEROMONE MANIPULATION
grocery clerk
charles j. elliott
leesha [idc ] • 70 posts

no matter what

It was strange how different company could change one's entire behaviour. Charles loved the chance to get out with Lauren, liked to have a fellow parent at his ready that just wanted to have fun sometimes. He loved his son, he thought about his son constantly when he was away from him, but he was only 25. She was even younger than he was- she deserved to get out and act as such.

But it meant taking certain precautions. It was easy enough not to crank up the pheromones, but it wasn't as if he could stop himself from sweating. It was just a given that if you were to place yourself among other sweaty bodies, you were going to sweat too. He could not handle to sweat tonight. There was a very high chance Lauren wouldn't act on it, but even the mere thought could change things. She was his honorary Mom Friend and he refused to let his weird sweat thing fuck that up.

While Lauren was worried about how other people may see her, Charles simply worried that his five million layers of deodorant somehow weren't working. But the drinks they'd had, along with the gut feeling that she needed him to be relaxed for her, kept him grounded and settled enough to have fun. He was out with a friend and he didn't need to make things worse by stress sweating. Plus, no matter how long he had been playing both 'mommy and daddy', he knew it was different being a mother. It was different being a woman.

Charles laughed, both pleased and horrified that she'd called him out on it. "I sweat really bad," he shouted back, "I didn't want to ruin your night out." Which wasn't untrue. He didn't want to make her think any differently of him, but it was hard to express his full concerns in a way that wasn't offensive. It wasn't like he thought she'd smell him and turn in to a sex crazed monster, but the fact of the matter was sweating turned him in to a walking aphrodisiac.

Jun 16 2017, 08:51 PM
she/her
twenty-three

light manipulation
Radio DJ
lauren s. ng

L
auren grinned, the cat who'd got the cream, when she got a laugh out of Charles. She wanted him to have a good night out as well, but his worry had been blatant, even to her tipsy self. "Don't worry about it," she called. This was one of the things that she hated about clubs: how hard it was to have a conversation. Shouting felt unnatural to Lauren, and she wasn't that good at lipreading, either. Thankfully, she'd caught most of what Charles had said. "I'm pretty sure everyone in here is sweating really bad right now."

It would have been easy to crack a joke about Charles' sweat problems, but Lauren didn't know whether it was something he was self-conscious about. So, instead, she grabbed his hands and swung their arms out wide. "People should dance like kids more often," she decided. She wanted to give Charles a twirl, but for all she knew, he was way less into this childishness than she was. "I'd be way less intimidated if like, some dude came over, wanting to do the hokey-cokey."

And didn't that sound questionable?

Lauren laughed in a way that was only short of a knee slap and did her own little spin. She was being sillier than the alcohol in her system could have vouched for, but it was nice to be able to let loose for a while. Lauren was so used to having to be the sensible parent, along with Prosper. Now she wasn't even expected to be a parent.

"Anyway, you smell really good. It's kind of intense, but I'm digging it anyway." The trail of men's deodorant that Charles was leaving in his wake was, at least, better than the fusty armpits of the man behind them. And her own armpits, if she was honest.

@charles j. elliott

Jun 22 2017, 12:26 AM
he/him/his
TWENTY-FOUR

PHEROMONE MANIPULATION
grocery clerk
charles j. elliott
leesha [idc ] • 70 posts

no matter what

It wasn't possible to explain his worries without sounding disgusting, so he chose to just believe her when she told him not to worry about it. Worrying about it wouldn't really help anyway. It would just turn healthy sweat in to anxiety sweat, and then they really would have a fucking problem. He couldn't worry, though, when he had someone trying to hard to just have a good time. Him being cautious all night would be worse than being sweaty. Probably.

"Oh is that what you want?" He was used to holding conversations in clubs, if he was being completely honest. He'd have no voice once they left, but they'd never go without drinks, wouldn't have to worry about having space where they were dancing. Like goofs. That was totally fine. He laughed when she laughed, and he applauded her twirl before dramatically doing one of his own. He wasn't trying to pick anyone up tonight, he'd happily make an ass of himself.

"Dig away," he laughed, motioning to twirl her again. He still had no clue if it was only his five million deodorants that she was picking up on, or if the sweat had broken through. What could he do about it? Nothing. She wanted to dance like kids, they'd dance like kids. They'd bounce around and spin and flail until she'd had enough (or he passed out, he had weak lungs from smoking). For now he had the energy and oxygen to hold her hands and pump their arms around, smiling and laughing and feeding off of her energy, It was a million times easier to relax and have fun this way, just shoving the worry away with every dumb move he made.

Jun 23 2017, 09:21 PM
she/her
twenty-three

light manipulation
Radio DJ
lauren s. ng

L
auren's life was one long, lazy smile. Even during times of worry and stress, she didn't let herself get worked up. Instead, she made to-do lists. She hugged her friends. She had a good cry, if the situation called for it. Lauren was blessed with good mental health, which was something she tried not to take for granted. Still, sometimes, she could sound a little naïve when she told her friends to stop worrying - as if it was that simple.

Lauren's teeth flashed in the dark as she grinned crookedly. "To do the hokey-cokey? Hells yeah." The hokey-cokey had been the highlight of any and all the birthday parties that Lauren'd been to as a kid. There'd been the rush of satisfaction when she pulled back a little too hard and almost let go of her friends' hands on the 'out's, and the pure silliness of huddling up as tight as she could with everyone else on the 'in's.

Charles wasn't turning his nose up at her antics, which cheered Lauren to no end. She clapped her hands together, applauding her friend's impressive twirl. "He's beauty, he's grace!" Lauren whooped. If anyone was staring at their antics, she didn't notice.

Her hair fanned out as she twirled again, as per Charles' request. "You're the best dancing partner," Lauren called. Before Bella, she hadn't appreciated all the time and freedom that she'd had. She'd danced like everyone else danced, because it never once occurred to her that one day she might not have the time to try something else.

@charles j. elliott

Jul 7 2017, 01:26 AM
he/him/his
TWENTY-FOUR

PHEROMONE MANIPULATION
grocery clerk
charles j. elliott
leesha [idc ] • 70 posts

no matter what

Charles had never used to be an anxious man. He'd never used to be horribly depressed, either. It made it harder sometimes to deal with his deteriorating mental health now, the memory of being fully functional still as recent as a year ago. But it was a good day today, and he could shove his negativity away for a couple hours. Lauren made it easy for him to pretend he wasn't miserable at best most days.

"Can you even do it with just two people?" He was genuine in his question, but it was only a second after he'd said it that he threw up the finger guns and waggled his eyebrows. It melded in to some point dancing for a moment, because why not? He was out to make an ass of himself as much as possible tonight. It was keeping him from falling back in to that anxiety, evident by the fact he was making jokes about the very thing he'd been worrying about only minutes ago.

He cheered louder for her than she had for him, a challenge he probably shouldn't have risen to. He'd never been one to overthink his dumb ideas. That's kind of how he'd ended up being a single dad in the first place (not that Sydney wasn't an absolute fucking blessing in his otherwise pointless life). There just something about the moment that called for him be loud and exaggerated and excited. Annoying. He felt drunker than he was and he loved it. There was something genuinely enjoyable about being close and having fun with a woman he didn't want to sleep with. "Fuck, I love you! Thank you!" He'd let go of her in order to solidify his gratitude with prayer hands. "I'm never going clubbing with anyone else," he decided, waving his arms out.

Jul 7 2017, 06:13 PM
she/her
twenty-three

light manipulation
Radio DJ
lauren s. ng

H
ad Lauren not been completely certain that she and Charles were bros, then she would have worried over the dumb joke and the finger guns. "Charles!" she cackled, her teeth flashing in a wicked kind of way when the strobe lighting caught them. "What is that!?" asked Lauren, pausing her own dancing to take a step back and watch Charles. "Is that ballet? Do you know ballet?"

Lauren was an earnest person, who was used to doling out the I Love Yous like they came in endless supplies (which, technically, they did). She wasn't quite as used to having her friend tell her that they loved her though, which was fine; she was more comfortable with her feelings than the average person. It felt good, though, to have Charles tell her that he loved her. "I love you too, dude!" she cried over the top of the music. "Do you promise? I'll cry if I hear about you going out clubbing with anyone else," Lauren joked.

She didn't think she'd had so much fun clubbing with - well. Anyone else, ever. Perhaps it was the timing that made it so enjoyable. Lauren had been desperate for a night out.

She grabbed Charles' hands again and pulled him further into the throngs of people. Lauren's hair, which was starting to look a bit sweaty, danced around her face as she bopped in time to the music. "I'm going to see if I can pick out a girl for you," she told him, "you're not allowed to speak to her though. I just want to see whether I know your type."

@charles j. elliott

Jul 19 2017, 07:50 PM
he/him/his
TWENTY-FOUR

PHEROMONE MANIPULATION
grocery clerk
charles j. elliott
leesha [idc ] • 70 posts

no matter what

He didn't hold back on the shit eating grin he gave her. Any day he got to be a menace was a great day. "I don't know shit" he answered honestly. He was just moving and flailing and dancing any which way to keep her laughing. Charles wasn't very far from the kid he'd been, the annoying little boy who wanted attention by any means. Now that he wasn't trapped in his head he didn't care about anything. Did he look like an ass? Absolutely. Would he keep at it? You bet! In another minute maybe he'd go back to proper club etiquette, or he'd find a newer and more exciting way to be obnoxious.

Charles nodded and stuck his hand at her, pinky out, ready to promise. "No need to cry, you'll be in tow." He didn't fuss about being pulled further in to the crowd, despite the fact he probably should have. He was boiling and more bodies were not at all going to help that. Still, he'd been safe so far, so he was just assuming that maybe it would be fine. Maybe he'd found the right combination of scents to cover it up. Maybe if he stuck with Lauren no girls would approach him and no guys would get aggressive. Maybe maybe maybe.

"Okay, sounds alright," he shuffled in closer, much more mellow in his dancing now. Like a normal adult. "Am I the subject because I'm single or can I play for you?" He was already half scanning the crowd. It probably didn't look right, were anyone to pay attention to them. He hadn't felt any need to let her have her hands back.

Jul 21 2017, 08:18 PM
she/her
twenty-three

light manipulation
Radio DJ
lauren s. ng

L
auren's laugh was deep and throaty, more of a chuckle than anything. It was the laugh that her college roommates had referred to as her "dirty laugh", because it only sounded when someone said something naughty, whether that be a lewd comment or a toilet joke. "Shit!" she echoed tipsily, because she could, because there weren't any little ears around to soak it in and parrot her at the most inappropriate moment. (Which had definitely, definitely happened before when Lauren and Bella were hanging out with her parents.) "You've got moves, kid." Lauren tried to copy what Charles was doing, much to the chagrin of anyone who was dancing nearby. Lauren was tall and lanky, and seemed to get even taller and lankier when she was drunk.

"I better be!" Lauren crowed. While she couldn't hold it against Charles if he wanted to go out with his other friends without her, Lauren's drunk mind found the concept of him going back on his equally drunk promise heartbreaking.

She made sure to stay close to Charles as she scanned the crowds for his dream girl. Lauren trusted her friend to not abandon her if she chose a little too well, which made the game all the more fun. "I'm cool with you playing for me," she replied. Nothing and nobody was ever going to sway her feelings for Amelia, but falling madly in love hadn't killed off her longtime crush on Julia Roberts, nor had it kept her from getting all tingly when she'd watched Wonder Woman for the first time.

Lauren shook her hair out as she scanned the crowd for someone she could imagine Charles going for. There were so many beautiful girls (why were all girls so beautiful?) (and why were all men so beautiful, too?) that she didn't find it much of a challenge. She was sure that she could have picked out anyone for Charles and her choice would've been the right one. "What about her?" asked Lauren, letting go of one of his hands so that she could not-so-subtly point at a short blonde girl with a big, white smile and the sharpest eyeliner she'd ever seen. Those wings were made to fly.

@charles j. elliott

Aug 8 2017, 03:33 PM
he/him/his
TWENTY-FOUR

PHEROMONE MANIPULATION
grocery clerk
charles j. elliott
leesha [idc ] • 70 posts

no matter what

Being among another parent always held these lesser known joys in life. So far Sydney was mostly content to keep his soother in his mouth and not parrot his father, but Charles knew it was only a matter of time before he'd hear his sweet little voice repeating his bad language. Soon he would lose his right to freely swear without being considered an awful dad. So while he was not on the same level of excitement over the chance to swear, he definitely understood Lauren's joy.

"Far out," he grinned, trying to look casual while he scanned the crowd. Like perhaps there was a third person to the shit show that was their party, lost somewhere in the club, and not like he was trying to find a girl (or boy?) he perhaps thought was suitable for the girl he was with. The girl who wouldn't go for any potential girls (or boys?) anyway. "You have an advantage on me because you like girls," he sulked. It would be exciting to find a guy, but he felt he wasn't up for the challenge. He'd never actually asked what her sexuality even was, just assumed she was bi because it made the most sense to him. There was too many people and he was too drunk, or maybe not drunk enough. What did Lauren even look for? This wasn't a fun game anymore.

For all his brief sulking it was only a matter of seconds before he was back to his happy self, laughing and grabbing for her wrist. It wasn't as if he was going to actually go after this girl, or any of these girls, but the principle was the same. "Her makeup looks like it could kill me," he laughed, "I don't normally go for blondes, but she's cute!" He was delighted that she'd picked out someone so pretty for him, even if part of the deal was that he couldn't actually do anything. Which was fine. He made most choices in life with his dick, but that didn't mean he wasn't a loyal friend.

He was still a pain in the ass, though. "Welp, I'm off, then," he joked, making to shuffle on by her in pursuit of the pretty blond. "I'm kidding! Don't cry!" He didn't think, just wrapped her up in his arms regardless of how hot it was. To the normal person it was just gross, pressing sweaty body to sweaty body, a reminder of how disgustingly hot they both were. But for Charles this was dangerous territory. This was potentially pushing his luck. "You're almost as bad as me," he teased. He made a show of flinging his arms when he pulled back, shaking the sweat off like it was all her fault. Like she was the problem here and it wasn't at all him.

Aug 8 2017, 07:39 PM
she/her
twenty-three

light manipulation
Radio DJ
lauren s. ng

L
auren wanted to argue with Charles and find a loophole in his sulky argument, but he was right. "It's my bi privilege," she explained, giving his shoulder a reassuring pat. "I can appreciate all genders equally, which means I could probably find a partner for everyone in this place. D'you think there's good money in matchmaking?"

When Charles made a grab for her wrist, Lauren took his hand and swung their arms backwards and forwards like a child. She ogled the girl that she'd picked out for her friend, and wondered if she'd based her judgement more on her own tastes. That girl was beautiful. "Right? I want to get eyeliner lessons from her." She was glad that Charles seemed to be mostly satisfied with her pick. "Don't you dare!" Lauren yelled, but she was laughing too much to seem angry. She reached out for Charles, creasing her face up into hundreds of little lines. (Lauren liked to think that she was far prettier when she cried for real.) "I can't believed you'd try to leave me after everything we've been through," she wailed as she wound her arms around Charles' waist. Lauren nuzzled her face into her friend's shoulder and gave herself a moment to relish in the affection. She was a tactile person; she needed touch to survive.

"Are you kidding?" Lauren snorted, pulling her head back to look at Charles. "It's all your gross boy sweat, dude!" She made a show of untangling herself from the man and wiping her hands on her thighs. Was it that disgusting that he sweated so much, though? It was one of those things that made him who he was - and he smelled kind of nice that night. That was, if you were into the smell of teenage boy. Lauren blinked clumsily at her friend. She was hyper aware of the way his hair fell on his forehead and that lilt in his accent that she'd always found odd, but now, out of nowhere, found cute.

Shit.

@charles j. elliott

Aug 22 2017, 06:51 PM
he/him/his
TWENTY-FOUR

PHEROMONE MANIPULATION
grocery clerk
charles j. elliott
leesha [idc ] • 70 posts

no matter what

"Yeah, if you let the people get to their matches," he teased. As much as he loved sex, as much of a giant dumpster child as he was, he wasn't that disloyal of a friend. This wasn't what he'd come out for tonight. Hooking up was always a great bonus, but it wasn't the end goal. Charles just wanted to have a fun night out, kid free, with one of the only mothers he got along with.

Charles couldn't stop laughing at Lauren, flailing their arms about and openly staring this poor girl down. Not that he could exactly blame her for it, she had very good taste. "Sure, eyeliner lessons, is that what they call it these days?" His laughter only grew as she got more and more dramatic. He was a simple man with simple taste, and there was something so endlessly hilarious about beautiful people crinkling their faces up for the sake of a joke. "Sshhh, it's okay, I'm here," he soothed, trying to be serious but still cracking up regardless.

"Lauren, that's sexist," he tried. He had no other defence to throw at her because it was his gross boy sweat. His gross boy sweat that hadn't affected her all night. His gross boy sweat that he'd stopped worrying about because life was fine and they were having fun. His gross boy sweat that had most definitely flicked a switch. He raised an eyebrow at her, normally smarter about this problem but still in the fog of denial. Why would he assume he'd changed everything? She'd been fine five seconds ago. "I need a drink. Do you want a drink?" He was confused by her blinking, but he refused to believe it was a problem. He refused to believe this was happening.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

Avalon a Panfandom RPCode 8ideal worldFerocious
Life Taught Me To DieNo Noise, No Noise
Candyland CoutureShadowplay