haven't you noticed I'm a star,, @charles
Jun 15 2017, 03:22 AM
she/her
twenty three

Kinetic absorption
dancer
tessa e. summers
ashy [she/her] • 30 posts

Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning. Haven't you noticed I've made it this far? Now, everyone can see me burning.
Tessa was there for pride, many of her friends had invited her to go along and to join in, which meant in their language hey come and dance together – something that she certainly was always up to doing. It meant like always getting out of her comfort zone and while most of her roommates always said she did fine, she knew that it was weird how quiet she could be, sometimes focusing tentatively on other’s movements, that she would sit on the couch listening to the other girls bustle around her, sometimes arguing over clothes and talking about boys – sometimes even girls. She was known as the quiet girl, sometimes coming off as cold no matter how many times that she smiled or how many times that she made an effort to try and fit in.

Tessa had never fit in, not with others, over the years it had gotten better as she had gotten comfortable around her friends, but now it was starting over and that was a problem. It was a problem because these girls didn’t know that she used to spend a lot of time in the hospital due to exhaustion because of her powers, or that she had come from a family full of so many personalities that it was hard to keep up and she rather observe than be someone who rushed in the middle. It had taken her so long to finally feel comfortable dancing in front of others due to both low self esteem and anxiety, but there she was, using it now as a crutch to communicate.

Her roommates meant well, as they told her to go walk around on her own. Why they had assumed she was either going to go run into someone to talk to – or to actually socialize was beyond her, but she did find some food, taking part in the only fried food she was allowed for the week, and settled down on one of the benches, which she hoped was being avoided because there were pigeons and not because it was a place where a drifter was murdered.

MTfvW.png what a dork.
Jun 17 2017, 01:53 AM
he/him/his
TWENTY-FOUR

PHEROMONE MANIPULATION
grocery clerk
charles j. elliott
leesha [idc ] • 41 posts

Catch the wind

Charles wasn't entirely sure how he felt about Pride. He'd gone once when he and Damian first became buddies, only to be mistaken all day for his boyfriend. Which was fine he supposed. Damian wasn't bad, but he was a boy, and Charles very much did not like boys in that way. So he'd supported him from afar instead, typically working during the main event as it were. He wasn't one of those gross straight people who thought there should be straight pride, and he wasn't one of those gross straight people who thought being around gay men meant he'd be hit on all day (although admittedly he knew men were pigs no matter what so a little justified fear never hurt). He just hadn't really gone out of his way to go again until this year.

He wanted to raise Sydney better than he himself had been raised. He didn't want his son to grow up judging people. He didn't want his son to consider changing before going with a close friend to Pride because maybe these pants made him look a little bit too gay. So this time when Damian had reminded him it was coming up, he'd asked if he could join him for a while. It was funnier to him now, with a toddler in his arms, to be mistaken for a couple. Like Damian could look after a baby.

Charles hadn't anticipated that Sydney was going to be antsy and over it so quickly, though. He didn't want to hang out with Uncle if it meant he couldn't run around, and dad unfortunately was too paranoid he'd end up getting tripped over in the crowd to put him down. So he'd wandered off to where it wasn't quite so busy, letting Sydney toddle along happily. It wasn't like he'd gone to Pride expecting to get hit on, but it definitely wasn't like he'd thought of himself to stoop so low as to even think of hitting on some poor girl. But here the thought had already planted itself, and what was the harm at smiling at someone? He couldn't help that his kid was determined to wobble his way to see the pigeons.

@tessa e. summers

see us spin, sail away, leave today, way up high in the sky
Jun 18 2017, 02:50 AM
she/her
twenty three

Kinetic absorption
dancer
tessa e. summers

Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning. Haven't you noticed I've made it this far? Now, everyone can see me burning.
Support, she was there to support every single rainbow adorned, beautifully on "fleek" make up covered, and fabulous people that were all there. In part this was a community she was familiar with, there had been a great number of men in ballet who were a bit loose in the pointe shoes, and plenty of the women were similarly in the same boat, but that was certainly nothing that was against them - she in fact loved them. That was in a world where she was capable of getting a word in edgewise in a group full of lively hip twenty somethings who had the communication skills of a wise old parrot who's owner was a grumpy old man who swore at it a lot. However there was the whole point of going outside that meant you should talk to others, something that was never a strong suit for Tessa, she was someone who by definition of life wasn't the biggest talker, between social anxiety and general enjoyment of being more observing of others, it was just sometimes easier to keep her mouth shut. Part of her believed that she liked to observe more because it connected more to her powers, which took away kinetic energy from moving objects - such as humans or cars, without harming those that were providing it.

Part of her knew, there was going to be someone out there that she'd have to talk to. It was a event where you were supposed to at least socialize a little, and it certainly wouldn't hurt to make friends. It wasn't long before someone came up and sat near her and her overly fattening loaded french fries. Despite her best intentions, she was staring, both between the person that was there and the small child that had followed. Did she ask, did she say hello, did she hope that he wasn't kidnapping the small child that - looked somewhat like him and that she was witnessing a crime? All of the above of course and her rational side knew she probably should say something.

Tessa - words were easy, you said them, you spoke them, they didn't need to be extreme. But there she was staring half between her fries and this stranger. "Hello." she felt like the Beast who was unrefined and would smile awkwardly when he didn't know what to do in social situations. "Is he yours?" that was a good conversation, people liked to talk about their kids, she spoke softly, but loud enough to be heard.

MTfvW.png what a awkward human..
Jun 22 2017, 01:19 AM
he/him/his
TWENTY-FOUR

PHEROMONE MANIPULATION
grocery clerk
charles j. elliott
leesha [idc ] • 41 posts

Catch the wind

The closer he got to this girl the worse he felt. This was no way for him to behave, wasn't the right time or place or day. But he was allowed to think she was pretty. He was allowed to be in the same five foot radius as her. If he didn't act like a pig, then he didn't need to feel guilty for acting like a pig. He could just continue along and pretend nothing had happened. Nothing would have happened if he just took off now. But Sydney had decided he wanted to climb on to the bench, and he hated that he'd made such a big fuss about him 'sitting like a big boy' last time they'd been near a bench. He gave an apologetic smile as he lifted Sydney to sit on the bench, sitting down crouching in front to make sure he wouldn't get any other ideas like trying to steal a fry. Babies were horrible for mooching. His puppy had better manners than his kid did.

"Hi," he grinned, and this was fine. This was just two people talking. "Yeah, this is my little man, Sydney." He turned to Sydney. "Can you say 'hi' and 'I'm sorry for invading your bench'?" The toddler did neither of these things, happily squeaking behind his soother and covering his face. "Sorry, he's in a bit full of it right now. I'm not actually sure why he's decided he wants to sit, because five minutes ago he was shrieking to be walking around." He was trying to sound annoyed, but his tone was much too fond. He loved his baby and his toddler logic. Even if he was making this an awkward situation. "I'm Charles."

Charles didn't want to bother this poor girl, but he also didn't want to seem like even more of an asshole by dragging his kid off. The way Sydney had been acting today, he highly doubted he'd be fine to toddle along until he was good and ready. He wasn't doing anything bad. He was just sitting on a bench powering away at his soother and happily patting at his Dad's hand where it sat on his leg- ready to catch him if he decided to flop over any which way. If he dragged him away he'd probably yell, and that would probably be much more annoying. But he supposed if it came down to it that was the option he'd have to take.

@tessa e. summers

see us spin, sail away, leave today, way up high in the sky
Today at 01:32 am
she/her
twenty three

Kinetic absorption
dancer
tessa e. summers

This was to be expected, there was going to be people there, there were going to be people who wanted to talk, it wasn’t like the universe was full of introverts who would just casually nod to others in the vicinity in a secret language. This of course was a terrible place for introverts, but there she was, trying – at least trying to eat French fries, and less on the whole social aspect, but of course it would find her. It wasn’t like Tessa hated people, she loved them, greatly, but it was something that she could handle, there was a cute child – there was a cute boy, which the actual thought of him being cute would betray her instantly so she continued to push that thought aside.

Tessa watched the little boy, he was cute – and he didn’t seem to be the sort that screamed loudly that would shatter someone’s ear drums – but then again even if he was she’d probably think the same thing. ”It’s okay, it’s a pretty swell bench, I’m happy to share. Besides he’s cute and saying no to that face would be a crime.” which of course that could be because it was public property and all, but it wasn’t like she had instantly ran away when either had made moves towards it so Tessa couldn’t be that honestly distressed about it. ”I think he’s trying to charm his way into my French fries.” which if it wasn’t 100% weird for a stranger to share French fries she would have already offered, she had grown up with siblings most if not all food was not off limits to someone else’s hands in your food. Much like the thing called personal space was long since gone out of the window, both from her large family and from having an endless number of roommates. Tessa smiled for a moment, forgetting herself as she stared at – the man now given the name Charles. It was only after a brief moment of awkward silence – her signature trade mark had completed before she shook her head. ”Sorry – Tessa. That’s my name – my name is Tessa. Summers. If that’s important, I honestly don’t know.” you didn’t have to give him your life story.

”But are you two enjoying your time?” that seemed like a relatively easy going question, it wasn’t the kind that sounded like she was prying.

MTfvW.png she is basically a human version of her rabbits
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

abandon all hopeWar Is BrewingAvalon a Panfandom RPSunset To Sunrise
Preeminence: The galaxy is yoursCode 8ideal worldANTIGRAVITYFerociousLife Taught Me To Die
Candyland Couture beauxbatons academy